Skip to main content

The miserable cow gets Reiki

I started off day 7 post-diagnosis feeling more like a miserable cow than a breast cancer warrior.

And really...can you blame me?

Between weaning Sawyer, him gnawing ravenously at my chest and refusing to drink from a bottle, me having to stay up all night feeding him milk drop by drop like a motherless kitten, pumping out 12 ounces of milk no longer fit for human consumption (thanks, MRI dye!) and the endless barrage of tests and procedures this week as I prep for chemo (oh, yeah...CHEMO...the elephant in the room), I was just feeling totally defeated. And, well...miserable.

Then somewhere between getting my car serviced and going for my echocardiogram, a generous friend provided Reiki for me.

Game changer!

I felt waves of warmth over me, literally washing away the negativity and covering me in positive energy. I liken it to being covered in sand at the beach and the ocean waves washing it away.

I felt sooooo much better.

Later that day, I was making small talk with the lady registering me for my echocardiogram. This in and of itself was miraculous, as I hadn't felt like making small talk with anyone for days. Finally she asked,

"So, what brings you in today for your echo...?".
"I need it for clearance to start chemo on Thursday" , I cheerily replied.
"You're starting chemo?", she asked.
"Yep!".
"THIS Thursday?", she asked.
"Yes, ma'am!".
"You are in such good spirits. I love your attitude!".

Earlier, though, I was a miserable cow who had about as much vivacity as a potato.

Thanks for the Reiki, T.A. 😀.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whistling Tea Kettle, A Flat Iron And A Divorce

Here's a tip: Don't clean out your closet after drawing up your divorce papers. Just...don't. Worst idea of my life. That was on Monday, today is Wednesday. My husband just left to pay the attorney and sign the paperwork...they are filing the papers today. Our divorce should go through around July 31st, a few days after our 11th wedding anniversary. That was the trigger, that was what got me on Monday; looking at the calendar and seeing that. Celebrating our 1st anniversary in the Cotswolds, U.K., July 2008 ''Most people would write on their anniversary cards, 'Thanks for 11 years. I can't wait for 11 more!' while ours will say, 'Thanks for 11 years. We've had a good run. Good luck!' ''. He can be really funny when he wants to be. Anyway, back to Monday. My phone was missing, as I tuck it away somewhere so the baby doesn't get to it. It was my brand new phone, too. I dropped my other one in the Etowah River a c...

Professor Twatface And The Farmhouse

''There's nothing wrong with me getting a little drunk and looking on Match.Com just to see who's out there. I wasn't going to actually pursue anyone anyway, I am just curious for the the future . Besides, there aren't many attractive women around here, it is slim-pickings. You'll probably end up with someone great, like Professor Twatface. He will have some amazing vocabulary, and wear a cardigan with patches on the elbows, and Birkenstocks, and carry a satchel. I bet he'll even drive a Prius. You can wear your Birkenstocks together and sit around analyzing books .'' I have to hand it to my husband, he is brutally honest. While he calls my fictious future boyfriend Professor Twatface, I call his fictious future girlfriend Sally. Ironically enough, I, too, carry a sachel and have always wanted a cardigan with patches on the elbow, but I didn't remind him of that. ''I want it in our paperwork that ''Mommy's friend...

Happy Birthday!

Friends, can you believe that Wigs and Things is one year old ? Thank you everyone for your support, for reading my jumble of words, for encouraging me and making me feel like I am not alone on this bizarre journey. You are invaluable to me, and I will be forever grateful for the love and kindness you have shown me. For anyone who has ever responded to my blog by saying, '' You put into words exactly what I was feeling, but could never figure out how to s ay.'' '' If you are ever in ______, let me know because I want us to meet!'' '' This is how I have felt so many times, too.'' ...and lots of other kind things, thank you. For your companionship. For making me feel like I am not crazy. For helping me through the most challenging, gut-wrenching, isolating time of my life. On the hard days, it means more than I could ever say. As a thank you, I have made a lovely lemon and hibiscus sugar scrub. It's made with...